Thursday, May 12, 2005

Home

After a little unannounced hiatus from blogging upon my return to the States, I hope to get back to regular blogging. We'll find out what "regular blogging" really means in the next couple of days/weeks.

Anyway, just a couple comments on my trip home. Glad to say I had no troubles - besides a 45 minutes delay at Dulles Airport in D.C. before my flight to Pittsburgh - coming home. Got a cab from my four star hostel in London the morning of my flight back to the U.S. into Terminal 3 at Heathrow Airport. It was my first time at Heathrow and I had always heard it was a big airport, but I was blown away at the sheer magnitude of the airport itself. The capacity to handle all those passengers, their flights to every corner of the world (Kuwait City, New Dehli, Moscow, Tokyo, San Francisco, etc), baggage, etc. is incredible and I got to appreciate the management and coordination necessary to run such an operation. I know this may not seem like a big deal, but for a young, wide-eyed traveler, passing through the figurative center of the world, it was a pretty cool experience.

Coming home and re-adjusting to what it's like to be home again wasn't that big of a deal. Of course it was great to see my folks again. We went for beers at a bar in the South Side section of Pittsburgh. Felt good to taste Yuengling again. Couple days later, I headed up to Penn State for a quick visit with friends. I apologize to those I didn't spend a lot of time with, as my sister let me have the Jeep for only two days. So now I'm back home, doing yard work, seeing some old high school friends, and looking forward to my summer in California.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home