Tuesday, April 19, 2005

Habemus Papem!

Pope Benedict XVI, formerly Cardinal Joseph Ratzinger, has been selected as the new pope. God bless him. From what I've been reading, he's a true conservative and defender of church doctrine. Following the news and commentary on Pope Benedict XVI at NRO's the Corner, I came across this excerpt from the pope's work, "The Question of Suffering, the Response of the Cross," that just about sums up my personal attitude toward my faith:

Today what people have in view is eliminating suffering from the world. For the individual, that means avoiding pain and suffering in whatever way. Yet we must also see that it is in this very way that the world becomes very hard and very cold. Pain is part of being human. Anyone who really wanted to get rid of suffering would have to get rid of love before anything else, because there can be no love without suffering, because it always demands an element of self-sacrifice, because, given temperamental differences and the drama of situations, it will always bring with it renunciation and pain.

...

As mentioned above, updates at the Corner.

Also, no doubt, in the mainstream media's analysis of the pope's background and life, the myth that he was a Nazi will surely be propogated. Sam Ser, of the Jerusalem Post, says don't believe it (reg. required).

1 Comments:

Anonymous horse charms said...

Hello M t, I was surfing blogs and paused at your title Habemus Papem!. Thats what really caught my eye. I am promoting a horse health related website and need to find more information to offer some of my internet friends. Not exactly what I was looking for but you have givin me some good ideas about what could be done with my horse health related site that I will book mark and come back to hopefully get some more education from your site, you have some good stuff maybe you could visit my website and let me know what you think in my contact page. Just click on the link horse health. Thank you and I wish you well .

3:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home