Monday, February 21, 2005

´´Si´´ to the European Constitution

In what may be a sign of things to come, during Sunday´s referendum, Spain became the first country to agree to the new European Constitution. According to statistics released by the interior ministry, just over 42 percent of the electorate turned out to vote, with nearly four in five of those casting ballots voting in favor. As an invitation to neighboring EU states, Prime Minister Jose Luis Rodriguez Zapatero stated, ´´Our vote is a message to our fellow EU citizens who were awaiting our decision. Today Europe won, the EU constitution won, Spain won.´´

As expected, votes in favor were high across the majority of Spain, while dipping significantly in the northern Basque region and Catalonia. Due to worries of a possible attack on behalf of the ETA, heavy security was on hand across Spain with some 106,000 police on duty. Read more at from the Times.

1 Comments:

Anonymous model horses said...

Hello Jon han, I was surfing blogs and paused at your title ´´Si´´ to the European Constitution. Thats what really caught my eye. I am promoting a plush breyer related website and need to find more information to offer some of my internet friends. Not exactly what I was looking for but you have givin me some good ideas about what could be done with my plush breyer related site that I will book mark and come back to hopefully get some more education from your site, you have some good stuff maybe you could visit my website and let me know what you think in my contact page. Just click on the link plush breyer. Thank you and I wish you well .

1:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home