Monday, February 28, 2005

Never thought we'd hear this

Orin Kerr, of the Volokh Conspiracy (which is probably the best law-related blog in the blogosphere) reports this interesting bit of news from the American Civil Liberties Union (hat tip, The Corner):

"ACLU Approves Of Overwhelming Majority of Patriot Act: One of the odd things about debates over the Patriot Act is that even its harshest informed critics actually only oppose a very small part of the Act; the overwhelming majority of the statute is uncontroversial among the fairly small number of people who understand what's in it. As best I can tell, this has been a well-kept secret for the last 3+ years mostly for tactical reasons: If you want to get the public very worried about a topic to help advance your cause in future legislative debates, you can't very well admit that your objections are actually quite limited.

"In light of that, it's good to see that ACLU President Nadine Strossen apparently has admitted that the ACLU approves of more that 90% of the Patriot Act."

1 Comments:

Anonymous horse bracelets said...

Hey M t GREAT title Never thought we'd hear this. Thats what actually caught my eye. I was surfing blogs to try and help my customers and visitors with information on my website about ##Keyword## and paused to read but ran out of time. I will book mark it and come back to read later. This isn't really what I was looking for what I really need is information about http://www.horse-lover-gift-ideas-central.com related subjects but thank you and I shall return. I wish you well.

1:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home