Wednesday, February 02, 2005

Home Sweet Home

I normally don't read Newsweek magazine, but I was on MSNBC.com and I stumbled upon this really cool column by Howard Fineman, the magazine's chief political correspondent. Now, I've lived in Barcelona for just about a month now and I've come to really love the city. The weather, for one, is just beautiful; the night life is outta control (in a good way!); the little bars and cafés on pretty much every block gives locality to such a big city; and my daily ride on the metro and stroll through Placa Catalunya to get to class are just a few of the reasons it's going to be quite hard to leave this place at the end of the semester.

However, it's no Pittsburgh, PA. Pittsburgh's my hometown and I couldn't be prouder - even if we didn't make to the Super Bowl this year. So if you want to get a flavor of my city, my fellow Pittsburghers, and our football team (fútbol americano, that is), I suggest you give Fineman's column five minutes of your time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home