Tuesday, February 01, 2005

¡Amigos en Barcelona!

Many thanks to Barcepundit for his his link and his kind words. Jon and I are stunned Sr. Alemán found us so fast - considering we started this blog yesterday! We'll admit that our Spanish-speaking ability is not quite fluent, but we're here to learn.

We're enjoying our stay so far in Barcelona. What a beautiful city.

We should mention that classes are in full swing right now, so we're going to do our best to balance our school work and our blog.


3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry to be "anonymous', but I hate registering.

Good luck with your blog, but fergodsake if you're faced with the dilemma of where to spend your time, the blog or the bodega, GO WITH THE BODEGA.

I spent my junior year at the University of Barcelona ('73-4) on a program sponsored by Knox College. In those days Catalan was rarely spoken on the street, and Franco was in the news every night. My favorite TV show was "Los Camioneros", and my host brothers were playing "Smoke on the Water" with their garage band.

I hope you comment on life in the city and at school, not just global politics.

And if you haven't been to Tossa del Mar yet, VAYA!

Ken Shotwell
Georgetown University Class of '74

6:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oops, make that class of '75

K.S.

6:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can I ask you what the hell are you both doing in Barcelona ?

Please don't misunderstand me, I am spanish ( Madrid) and student of Political Science but I cant understand what are you studying in Barcelona.

It's a wondelful city, very nice for living but , is there a good program for International affairs or International Relations ?

I'am trying to join an american university for this kind of programs so it's a surprise to me that you prefer to spend a semester in our country.

Anyway nice blog, is a good new having a schoolar opinion with this perspective.

Good look, I will keep reading

P

7:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home